All of us are afraid of something. Whenever you feel any negative feeling, it’s useful to ask yourself, “What am I afraid of?”, “What is so fearful about what I’m doing?” “Why am I letting fear dictate my thoughts?” In order to overcome your fear, you need to identify the fear.
Some fears in business can actually help us. Keep in mind that any extreme amount of fear is unhealthy for us, but in moderation, fear helps our businesses thrive.
Here’s a list to help us understand how our fears can benefit us. Next month, we’ll dive into each one step by step:
1. Fear of Failure – Fear of failure helps us accomplish our goals. It motivates us to plan, prepare, organize, and think strategically.
2. Fear of Losing Control – Having a fear of losing control helps us take the steps necessary to regain that control.
3. Fear of Success – Fearing success helps us define what success really means to us individually rather than collectively.
4. Fear of The Unknown – Fearing the unknown helps us take precautions and prevents us from unreasonable risk.
5. Fear of Dependence – Fear of dependence helps us develop our own resources and become self-sufficient.
Wow, isn’t it amazing how positive things can come from fear?
Remember, don’t be afraid to make mistakes; there’s no such thing as a perfect business or a perfect owner.
I look forward to inspiring and motivating you!
© Effició, Inc.
Which fears are you dealing with currently? Share in the comments below.